Nicecast can work with most audio applications on Mac OS X including iTunes. The Plug-In architecture supports sophisticated functionality including live voice-over. Because Nicecast supports Icecast protocols for webcasting, it is compatible with Darwin/QuickTime Streaming Server and also with SHOUTcast servers.
The steps to configure Nicecast to webcast through DSS/QTSS are:
- launch Nicecast.
- display the Nicecast server configuration window by selecting Nicecast Server from the Window menu.
The server window lets you define:
- name for your reference.
- on the server type field select Shoutcast. (Nicecast also support Icecast1 and 2.)
- the IP address or DNS name of the server.
- this is the address the you received in the setup email. Also you have this in your account page.
- the port number number that you need to put in corresponding field can also be found on the account page.
- the broadcast password.